• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My V17 has arrived.

54reo

Welcome to the V17A, MTQ club. They are few and far in-between. A few were sold on our favorite "gov surplus site" last year, and several more reside in Jack's yard as mentioned by Jim.

Mine is missing the last few feet of the original gin poles, so I may be contacting you soon on some dimensions.

As far as the dregs of society that continue to butcher rare gasser REOs for mud/rock rigs, I have personally witnessed a 1952 REO M36 w/w, three M135s, a M220, a Quickway REO, a 1953 REO V18A, MTQ, and a REO M60 get cut up and sent to the scrap yard for their axles (why the GMCs, I don't know).

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the V17A, MTQ club. They are few and far in-between. A few were sold on our favorite "gov surplus site" last year, and several more reside in Jack's yard as mentioned by Jim.

Mine is missing the last few feet of the original gin poles, so I may be contacting you soon on some dimensions.

As far as the dregs of society that continue to butcher rare gasser REOs for mud/rock rigs, I have personally witnessed a 1952 REO M36 w/w, three M135s, a M220, a Quickway REO, a 1953 REO V18A, MTQ, and a REO M60 get cut up and sent to the scrap yard for their axles (why the GMCs, I don't know).

Scrapped a M60?...................................

54reo

Yes, it was an M60 that got cut for it's axles. Some local hayseeds built a "mud rig" from the frame rails, axles, and transfer case.
All that was left of the rest of it was the smashed REO engine and enough of the bed to see the raised sides and crane section. Cab was smashed with the data plate inaccessible.

scoutmanadam

heres some more pics of all the tool boxes, and the a frame mounts. i haven't cleaned off the winch yet so i don't know its rating but i hear its 30000, also the heater.

Attachments

tlessin86

Lube that chain up that runs that rear winch. That stuff is expensive and so are the gears for it. Browning has been making that stuff for years and its good, but my god is it expensive (should know, as a Browning distributor everything from them is expensive). Looks like a good project will enjoy seeing the progress.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks