• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Wife Caught me Staring... At the Deuce..

DeucesWild11

So I just finished straightening out my tie rod. Was bent and took the advise on another thread to turn the bend down and jack it up with a bottle jack. It worked great, the tires were out 3/4" now down to less than 1/8".

Anyway, I was out in front looking at how the tires lined up now and the wifey sticks her head out and says "staring at the truck again". :shock: Guess I did it before..:oops: She shut the window before I could explain the tie rod.. Oh well I do stare at it allot I admit it.. What's not to stare at.. Some people go to Museums and look at art.. I go to the driveway..

Anyone else get caught staring?

Attachments

two.fiveM35

I agree, they have nice lines to look at. I had a M200 trailer in the garage for a while and I enjoyed sitting out there with a beer and chair looking at it. Wife thinks I'm nuts.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I owned your truck I would stare at it alot also! Beautiful Truck. And yes my wife asks me why I am walking around at night in the dark with a flashlight around my CUCV and Trailers. How do you explain to somebody that you are planning, admiring and looking for the next task to do :)

nf6x

Feral Engineer
This one made me laugh! I stare at my toys sometimes, too. And sometimes I even find myself staring at things I design at work. A new circuit board or injection-molded plastic piece will arrive, and I'll just ogle it, thinking "hey, I made that!". :beer:

DeucesWild11

Thanks guys.. at least I am not nuts by SS standards anyway.. OK.. sometimes I back out of the driveway instead of turning around.. just so I can get a few more looks in before I go to work..

crazywelder72

This one made me laugh! I stare at my toys sometimes, too. And sometimes I even find myself staring at things I design at work. A new circuit board or injection-molded plastic piece will arrive, and I'll just ogle it, thinking "hey, I made that!". :beer:
once again i thought i was the only one. sometimes (when i was working) i would just stare at a part of a project then BAM it hits you. Now its time to make it happen.

eagle4g63

Thanks guys.. at least I am not nuts by SS standards anyway.. OK.. sometimes I back out of the driveway instead of turning around.. just so I can get a few more looks in before I go to work..

That's why I just drive mine everyday.....I get to look at it and stare whenever I want:mrgreen:

Nice truck by the way!!

steelandcanvas

Interesting thread, it got a chuckle out of me. Wife came out to the shop last weekend and said "whatcha doin"? As I was staring at the Deuce, I responded with "thinkin". "I see a lot of thinkin, but no doin". "I'm plannin, figuerin, and engineerin". "OK, it's your story, you tell it". She then rolls her eyes and goes back in the house. This scenario has been played out many times since we've had the Deuce. She's a keeper though, she puts up with my crap and likes the Deuce just as much as I do. [thumbzup]

emr

Back a few years the MV mag had a title " DATE YOUR DEUCE" now it meant how to figure out how old it is , But My now x looked at the cover walking thru the kitchen and said" U guys are sick " I will never forget that one... :)

phil2968

Thanks for the idea on the tie rod! I will try that this weekend. I sit around thinkin' about my trucks all the time. Even at work I think about what needs to be done.

DeucesWild11

Phil, I found the thread if you are interested.. It was MDSA who recommended the idea to straighten with the bottle jack. Thanks Brian!

Just loosen the nuts on both ends, rotate the bend to the bottom, re-tighten the nuts, put the jack under the bend and jack it up. You may have to jack it higher than it looks but it will come back down again.. It took me a few times up and down to get it right.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/48609-bent-tie-rod-question.html

Last edited:

ARYankee

I usually like to go out and look at them for a minute and then come running into the house to tell my wife that she really has to check this out....... Then when she gets outside, I point to to all the MVs in the yard :) I usually do that at least once a week.

dmetalmiki

I well know that feeling...I often "stare" (drool?) over my trucks..Specially the M62 Wrecker truck! I (then) Wonder " HOW can I own that" "" so complexx HEAVY (brutal?) GORGUS' Mass of Machinery!""..looking (staring) at the total complexity add ons and extras I iv'e fitted over time..thinking..Did I do (all) that...

Like the comment previouse.."I'm finding things to do"..So today (actually) I took off the front widened wheels, split 'em replaced the tires on standard rims Changed the tire on the spare ( and you KNOW where "that" lives! lol.) on My OWN!..just for summa't TO DO! and drive it to see the difference....Well it drives and steers better in my opinion. Oh ..and wired up the Code 3s...32 wires (12 volt) Now THAT was fun! and A brain stretcher...Yes I'll include a pic..and yes that's a "gun" pointing skywards.
theres a detachable crane on the other side for "hoicking" the spare wheel off. (and back on)

Attachments

dmetalmiki

I can hardly BELIEVE it even less when I see some of my "stock all lined up together at a show!) like above. and when all 9 (nine) are lined up then I CAN spend quite a few "minutes?" staring at em' all.
Yep..the logistics are fun getting to and from a show!. sometimes ferry..(not as in BOAT!)

I have 4 pictures of the 72 M35A2 I have yet to recover that the soon-to-be previous owner took for me on my PC's desktop with a pic of a nice bobber I found online that I'd like my truck to look like when it's done, and a pic from Auto Zone's website of the grenade shifter knob I wanna get for it that I put together in MS Paint. My wife loves to tease me every time she catches me staring at it while my brain processes all the things I have planned for this project. She says I'm obsessed, but I know that's true. lol :razz:

Attachments

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I stare at the M814 at least once a day. Sunday, I an even gonna drive her to work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks