• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My WMO setup

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I almost got my WMO filter system competed.
The pump and one filter elements I got from Kipman.
I test ran the pump with a drill motor and it worked great, I got 5 gals. of filtered wmo in no time at all.

Just need to find some way to power the pump. The pump has a 5\8" 9 spline shaft on it.
Has anyone found something to use with the 5/8" shaft?

Attachments

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you give a little more info on exactly what we are looking at ?

Frodobaggins, I guess I need something that can fit the spline and then maybe I can put a pulley on it. Not sure what I need for a drive system.

I did have a peace of hose and a hose clamp that I used to test it with a drill motor. But I do not think the drill would last long.

Thanks!!

frodobaggins

Frodobaggins, I guess I need something that can fit the spline and then maybe I can put a pulley on it. Not sure what I need for a drive system.

I did have a peace of hose and a hose clamp that I used to test it with a drill motor. But I do not think the drill would last long.

Thanks!!
I'm sorry I didn't explain properly. I meant could you explain the system a little bit better. I'm still chewing on your shaft problem, which I DID understand :)

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sorry I didn't explain properly. I meant could you explain the system a little bit better. I'm still chewing on your shaft problem, which I DID understand :)
I understand now!![thumbzup]
The first filter is a 30 micron, 2nd is a 10 micron water sep. and the 3rd is a 2 micron.
See that what you are asking?

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What filters are those? What micron rating?

I'm kind of going back and forth on whether to go with a filter setup or shell out for a centrifuge.
The first filter (Left side) is a 30 micron, I got the housing from Lowe's and the filter from SS Kipman. He had the filters for a $1ea
The 2nd is a 10 or 16 micron water sep.(same as wix 24027) and the 3rd is a 2 micron (napa 3674 or wix 33674)

I was thinking about the centrifuge also, but for the cost right now I think the filters will do me for a little bit tell I start driving the trucks a lot more.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If the OD of the splined shaft is 5/8", just pick up a pulley or a lovejoy coupler to connect it to an electric motor.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Just so it has been posted somewhere on the site, I recommend an adjustable speed motor. I use a piston style pump and can control the speed/pressure in the filter system by giving it more air or less air. If you find a treadmill on the side of the road, grab it. They have adjustable speed motors in them.

Rattlehead

surpluscenter.com has a lot of couplers, etc. Do you know the displacement of that pump? That might help you determine how fast to turn it. Also, is there a pressure relief somewhere? That pump could put out some serious pressure if you put enough hp into it.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
surpluscenter.com has a lot of couplers, etc. Do you know the displacement of that pump? That might help you determine how fast to turn it. Also, is there a pressure relief somewhere? That pump could put out some serious pressure if you put enough hp into it.
I did find some couplers from surpluscenter.com, Thanks!!

But I do not know the displacement of the pump.
Also do you have remediations for the pressure relief valve?

Thanks!!