• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my xm215

montanatower

I bought this for 1300.00, A xm215 minus the hydraulics and dump apparatus,seems to run and drive as it should,only problem is 75 percent of the wiring is bare, I bought this to put a holmes w35 wrecker bed on and use as an offroad wrecker. first pic is hooked to our wrecker coming home last week, 2nd pic is after removal of c#@p bed and reshortened rear frame back to original length2013-05-30 19.12.58.jpg2013-05-23 11.42.12.jpg

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome. Stow your gear and hang on cor the ride.

Looks like you have a project ahead of you

Gunfreak25

If you want to fix that wiring without spending an arm and a leg, here's a tip for ya. Often times it's just the exposed portion of the harness that's rotted. Everything under the electrical tape (all 500 feet of it) is usually quite soft and....supple....yeah.....oh yeah, so what I did just cut off and solder on new sections of wire a few inches past where the electrical tape ends.

While your at it you can put new rubber grommets on all the connections or update connectors to anything radioshack has. Gets lots of shrink tubing too. Personally I removed all 500 feet of old brittle electrical tape from mine. Even in the dry desert that tape did it's job and kept the harness in very nice shape. It's a little time consuming but only costs around $150 to do everything, which beats $1000+ for a whole new harness. After I finished with everything I rewraped all 5 main harness's in new electrical tape. Where the tape stops, I like to make a little electrical tape bow tie which keeps it from ever unraveling as the years go by.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks