• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My XM818 makes it home from Little Rock, AR

chgofiveo

Well it arrives home, but there is a truck stuck in the loading dock, How the heck am I going to get it off the truck?

I know, just winch it on to the roll back, then set it on the ground...No Problem

Attachments

chgofiveo

After all that... Im running and driving (cold with a missing windshield)...Now to fix the ONE MILLION other problems...Cant wait!! I will be asking you guys for your help and knowledge as I attempt to fix all the little bugs, but untill then...Thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed my post and

MERRY CHRISTMAS...(Ive got my present early)

Attachments

ARYankee

Glad to see you got it home. It's even better that you had it shipped too. Have fun with your new toy..... I'm hoping to get another one in the near future.

chgofiveo

you know you don't have to cut a hole in the floor to fix the spider valve? you remove the tool box and you have much better access.
I tried...The darn bolts wouldnt come out and I was frustrated...It was about hour 12 working on the truck and I really wanted to see if it would run. Im planning on doing some cab modifications, so the hole really wont be a big deal when all is said and done...
Thanks and Merry Christmas

mckeeranger

I tried...The darn bolts wouldnt come out and I was frustrated...It was about hour 12 working on the truck and I really wanted to see if it would run. Im planning on doing some cab modifications, so the hole really wont be a big deal when all is said and done...
Thanks and Merry Christmas
The plate on the bottom of the springer seat covers the hole anyway, doesn't it?

Good looking truck. Are you going to use it as a tractor, or do some modification?

tm america

nice looking truck glad you finally got it home great thinkin on the tractor -skidloader .it would have broke the rollback forsure without them.my buddy broke the bed frame on a roll back loading his f 350 quad cab with 54s on the rollback backwards .opps snapped the frame right where the cylinders attach the truck hit the ground hard :roll:now you just need to start getting some trailers for it

chgofiveo

The plate on the bottom of the springer seat covers the hole anyway, doesn't it?

Good looking truck. Are you going to use it as a tractor, or do some modification?
The seat plate sure does cover the hole...you have a good eye! Im thinking of cutting the cab behind the door and extending the cab 8 inches so I can fit my fat a$$ in there a little better. Im going to make the seat air ride (using the exsisting seat) and remove the fifth wheel and add a modified/shortened drop side bed...may put a dump mech on it...Ill keep you posted

M920

After all that... Im running and driving (cold with a missing windshield)...Now to fix the ONE MILLION other problems...Cant wait!! I will be asking you guys for your help and knowledge as I attempt to fix all the little bugs, but untill then...Thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed my post and

MERRY CHRISTMAS...(Ive got my present early)

Nice M818....Good thinking on the unloading! I does look a little cold for the test drive....You know, you could just swap sides on the windshields for now....get at least the driverside covered.....of course this way you don't have to worry about it fogging up....lol

chgofiveo

Nice M818....Good thinking on the unloading! I does look a little cold for the test drive....You know, you could just swap sides on the windshields for now....get at least the driverside covered.....of course this way you don't have to worry about it fogging up....lol
The other side was SO dirty from the ride from AR, no windshild was way better...Besides if I swapped it over, where would the fun be?

Merry Christmas Bro

chgofiveo

Glad you made it home, did you get to use the loading ramp?
James
Hey James
Merry Christmas!

Im pretty sure they used the ramp

Phillips Towing right by the base gave it to me pretty hard for pushing or winching my truck onto the trailer... I wont use em again, thats for sure!

Anyway, all is well with the truck

Thanks Again
Mike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks