• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mysterious Wire

rmesgt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While I was was changing the water pump on my M1009, I came across this tiny wire connected to the side of Injector Pump.

IP Wire.jpg

I got as close as I could with my phone to take this photo, so the context may be skewed. This wire appears to be a home-made wire as you can see a blue eyelet connector attached to the drivers side of the electrical portion of the IP. The other end of this wire is not connected to anything. I have been scouring the TM's, but I cannot find this wire in the schematics. Do any of you have an idea of what this might be for or what it should be connected to? Please advise...

sneekyeye

It looks like something custom due to the blue end that they use on the color coded crimp connectors. If it were mine I would discard it. If there were a wiring issue where something didn't work because of a missing ground, I'd repair that as it is discovered.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
I can not see it very well but if the wire is dead headed I would remove. Someone was grounding a wire for troubleshooting or an accessory grounding point?

If you have not heard yet grounding wires are very important on all vehicles but even more on the CUCV's. If you have not checked and cleaned all the grounds and verified all are in place maybe now is the time. Better to check, clean now before before to much load melts another wire down.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks