• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mystery at the tranny???

electraman

Well this evening I took out my tunnel cover over my tranny in prperation to replace the tranny this weekend. When I pulled the cover off i found what appears to be a un-connected brake line. Does anyone have a clue for what it is for and if its not needed, what was it for?

Thanks!

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
SOunds like the MC vent line. Many of the trucks were converted to an axle type vent and they left the original line in place, but disconnected. At least that's how they left mine.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And where is the outher end atached to. Yes I would think it was the old vent line for MC that connected to the fuel tank vent line then went to slobber tube.. There has been talk about the vent they put in like the axle vent on the cap of the M not allowing the MC to breath. You can read the outher threads on that problem or leave it like it should be with the axle vent.