• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mystery object M151A2

cstaup

Take it off , clean it and google any identification words or numbers. Then get a 1/2 pound of C-4 and blow it up...let us have a video of it.

Couple of pictures of the offending item now off the mutt. It seems to be some sort of solenoid. unit pulls wire back about 1inch Not sur if it was some form of locker for the diff??? No markings at all on the unit the welds to the bracket are rough and the plate aint square.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could it have been used as an electric parking brake?

What did it align with?

axlr8

what did the wires connect to? any location for wires anywhere near? such as diffential? more cleaning may reveal a part number! was the "mounting" done sort of the way it woulda been done way back when?

Just had an email from Ken the Muttguru and it seems that company called Milplus did a locker conversion for the rear diff on the mutts.
This would seem to be an electric actuator for the diff lock.
I will have a look and see if the diff has a locker in it. would make it better in the rough stuff I quess.

rickf

Well it definitely looks like a modified starter solenoid. You can see where the housing and been modified by adding the mounting plate and what looks like the boot end of a power brake booster and probably the brake rod. The welding is REALLY sloppy, sort of like coat hanger type of welding so I would guess this is a backyard/farm modification of some sort.

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks