• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mystery wire

Hiram

Ok while cleaning up some rust in the M1009 floorboard, I cut a wire, its black with a white stripe, runs from under the fusebox area along the door sill and then under the driver seat and dissapears under the seat mount. It HAD a black plastic connector about 6" from the seat bolt.

Any idea where it goes? I went undeneath and dont see anything in that area.

Thanks

Hiram

cpf240

Yes, there is, or was... the buzzer is above the fuse box as I recall. There should also be a "Fasten Seatbelt" light that comes on when you start the truck.

m1009Aaron

That is what it is. I too was pondering the purpose of that wire when I removed the flooring to also check for rust, but found out what it was when looking through a wiring schematic.

blackhueys

Mine broke along time ago never fixed it and I have no issues besides the buzzer not working lol. I am fastidious about wearing my seat belt so it is no big deal to me.