• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mystery wire

tshermankb

I am the proud new owner of an 84 M1009, been spending the last week working out as many of the kinks as I can. Cant say how valuable this forum is! So far I have only run into one mystery the search bar hasn't been able to solve for me, a little blue wire coming out of the firewall. Its just behind the fuse box and there doesn't seem to be anything in the area to plug it into. I have tried tracking it on the wiring diagrams but I haven't been able to figure it. Everything is running fine, it has a bit of a cut out problem on cold starts but I am pretty positive that is unrelated... any idea what this is?

Attachments

NPD732

It's only used on the M1010. It hooks up to the fuel pump for the ambulance box. I think it also gets used if you install the arctic kit. Just tape it back to the glow plug harness and it will be fine.

lavarok

I deleted my other posts...I was wrong. NPD732 is exactly right about the purpose of the wire in question...leads to the AUX pump used on the M1010.

However, the original poster should confirm if the wire is solid blue or blue with a red stripe as I believe it is. I found the same wire (blue/red) on both my M1009s and it is taped off to a wiring harness. My M1010 is at my shop so can't do a visual confirmation on it.