• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Néed Help With Passenger Door

My passenger door is not level "body line" and is real tight at the bottom and wide at the top of the front of the door seam. So when the door is opened and closed its popping and rubbing the fender. I thought it might be the door pins but there isn't any slop or play when you lift the rear of the door up. Can someone advise me on how to correct this? I thought about washers or shims behind the lower door bracket. Thanks in advance for the help. I attempted searching but didn't find what I needed.

richingalveston

there is a little slop in the bolt holes, loosen all of the bolts holding door to the hinges and you can make some adjustment to the door. If the hinges are tight and not worn out, it should be able to align.

Adrian A

You can even use a floor jack with a block of wood under the door to carefully tweak the door up. This is something you do slowly and carefully. Your hinges are worn, you door is bent, or you hinges are loose. Your door striker may be off too.When you fix it make sure your striker fits perfectly in the latch. It may benefit you to remove the striker to make it easier to line up your door gap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks