• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

N00b Question on Soft Tops

steelandcanvas

Install the frame. Toss the soft top on the hood, upside down. Thread the windshield piping through the rolled sheet metal on top of the windshield. Flip top over, pull onto cab tub, tie down.

Last edited:

MrArmyAnt

I figured it out just before ya posted that. That was a very tight, unlubed fit. I don't have the three bows that go in the center :(

I was going to look for new weather stripping for everything but I still don't think it would cover all the gaps. I'm thinking a visit to Mcmaster Carr's site and getting some over kill ones with sheet metal screws may be the ticket.

Motorcar

Erik's has the twist tabs that go over the door window rail if yours are missing, the three rods are easy to make with some stock bar steel from Lowe's and a hammer/vice.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Install the frame. Toss the soft top on the hood, upside down. Thread the windshield piping through the rolled sheet metal on top of the windshield. Flip top over, pull onto cab tub, tie down.

So that's what I've been doing wrong. I've been attaching the top and then trying to put the frame and bows inside it...........

;-)

saddamsnightmare

October 27th, 2011.

My M35A2 came with the hard top. It's too darn hot in the summer and too darn cold in the winter. Replaced same with GMA insulated soft top and a bow set acquired from the folks in Utah...no complaints! a much better top for me and easier to remove when the need occurs!:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks