• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

N107A1 M149 Water Buffalo Tank Dimensions

kochevnik

Can anyone tell me the physical dimensions of a 400 gallon water buffalo tank (from the M107a1 or the M149) ? I am looking to find diameter and height of the tanks. From the fotos it looks like the tank is kind of 'squashed' in the vertical dimension.

My idea for this is to use it as a long distance secondary fuel tank / WMO collection tank (obviously not at the same time :-D ) and I want to mount it on the back of a M52A2 (after removing the 5th wheel and installing a flatbed/pipeline bed). I'm trying to see if this would fit crosswise on the truck kind of up behind the cab. I would take the tank off the water buffalo trailer, make some mounts to fit and set it behind the cab on the bed.

Anyone can measure the tank or point me to a tech manual that would have this info. Anyone know also how difficult it would be to detach the tank from the trailer (without wrecking it) ?

I know there are fuel trailers as well, but I couldnt find an M code for them ? Any of these 200,300,or 400 gallons ?

Last edited:

kochevnik

Actually, never mind - I think I found something better for my purposes. These fuel transfer tanks are built for the job and they would be a lot easier to mount + they don't really look as much like fuel tanks as the round ones. There are 2 on CL for $300 each. That would give about 2300 mile range LOL

Attachments

papercu

Well I already went outside and in the dark to get you the measurement from the M107A1 so dang it you are getting those anyway! :-D
M107A1 tank alone is about 48" wide and about 89" long,
Tank is about 31" tall and add about 7 to 8" for the manhole top and vent/fill tube(?).
The M149 is at the water hole, glad I didn't drive down there now. :-D
The M107A1 would/should be easier to take-off, not sure if the M149 would be. Wayne

kochevnik

Thanks Wayne, sorry to put you thru so much trouble.

And it is helpful, I wouldn't have guessed those tanks were so big. I was kind of hoping they would be shorter then they could fit across the width of the bed, but obviously, 90 inches is going to be out there a bit.

papercu

I was just yanking your chain some, it was no problem. :-D I didn't go check but in my mind the M149 tank is a good bit shorter than the M107 but taller.
The M107 has baffles inside but I don't remember the M149 having any. Wayne

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks