• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

N3118 voltage regulator

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
N3135 iirc. That is designed to fit.

I’m almost certain plugs and such are not the same [EDIT - I'm wrong]

Last edited:

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
3118 is for the 400 amp
3135 is for the 200 amp or 100 amp.
3119 is for the 100 amp

There are several others, such as N3114 having the same NSN as N3117, and both of those working in place of the 3135 on the 200 amp, though I believe the N3135 is a newer version.

So to answer why not, because it's for a different output generator. You could always call Niehoff directly and ask them, but generally things built for one output don't always work with a different output rating, as the internal alternator wiring is different and can take different current levels to operate properly.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 3118 has the connectors on the same face.....200 amp wires won't reach properly.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It might work, it might do nothing, or it might fry your electrical system. I don't know which of the three it will do, but it's your truck so you are more than welcome to try it and see what happens. Just let us know the outcome, be it good or catastrophic.

Other people have contacted Niehoff, the manufacturer, in the past and gotten answers from them, such as the N3135 working with the 100 amp gen not just the 200 amp. It might be worth it to just try calling them first.