• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Napa oil filter o-rings alternatives

FormerNewMVGuy

I was talking about the oil filters from Carquest 85133 that comes with gasket. I also found the secondary fuel filters there as well but cant find the puralator primary local so I will be ordering them from a company in GA

Dueceman51 has some real nice Filter sets with all the correct gaskets, I bought a set and would highly recommend them!

Sevo

Well Bjorn was dead on about the oil filters from car quest.They had an o-ring that fit perfect. It came with the filter. I did not have to buy a replacement for it.

No leaks and oil pressure climbed right up!.

Bjorn, thanks man..

I will be working on the fuel filters after I get them in

coolnick73

I changed my fuel filters awhile back and now my deuce is getting hard to start so I am figuring I am getting some air in through my primary fuel filter as I didn't replace the gasket. I went to Napa to order a 5131 gasket and they had to order it. I went to pick it up today and it was for a 6cyl chevy water pump. I asked the guy to check the number and the other 5131 gasket was no longer available. Does anyone have a Primary Fuel filter gasket number for Autozone, O'Rielliy's, or Advance?

Thanks

Nick

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I changed my fuel filters awhile back and now my deuce is getting hard to start so I am figuring I am getting some air in through my primary fuel filter as I didn't replace the gasket. I went to Napa to order a 5131 gasket and they had to order it. I went to pick it up today and it was for a 6cyl chevy water pump. I asked the guy to check the number and the other 5131 gasket was no longer available. Does anyone have a Primary Fuel filter gasket number for Autozone, O'Rielliy's, or Advance?

Thanks

Nick
I just ran into EXACTLY the same problem. I told them that wasn't the right one and they actually had the nerve to act rude to me. This is on top of the mongoloids charging me shipping to get items in they don't stock. That's funny, if I wanted to pay shipping, I'd buy off the internet and have the item come directly to my house.

So is there a place online where I can order gaskets (on the cheap) and have them ship directly to me?

deuceman51

I have several kits that are supplied with the correct gaskets. All except the small one for the top bolt. As stated many reuse this with absolutely no trouble. I tried to find one that works, but nobody seemed to have the right one. Let me know if any of you need some because I have about 5 sets ready to ship out.

fsudad1958

I changed mine this past weekend the Napa 1133 oilfilter has the correct gasket with it. Just make sure the gasket grove is clean and the gasket goes in all the way. the 3511 fuel filter has the correct seal with it also. Again make sue its in the grove all the way around ,don't spin the canister up as tempting as it will be it can cause the seal to come out of the grove. If your fuel and tank are clean the Napa filter will not clog up and hadn't you rather have a clogged filter vthan a bad pump ? Protecting the pump is the reson for the filters.

jatonka

I have all the correct gaskets all the while, 5131 primary, 5070 secondary/final, and 5119 oil. I send out by priority mail. you can pm me to get cost. John T

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The problem I have is finding a correct primary filter. Sure, the NAPA/WIX filter will work but it's hard to keep lined up because it's open in the middle and doesn't have the "line up plate" in the middle like the military filters do. I always worry that the filter isn't centered in the canister because it's kind of hard to get to and there is nothing to hold the filter in the middle. Does any of the other filters mentioned have the plate with a hole in the middle that the bolt goes through like the military filters?

John's filter adaptors came in today so I'm not worried about oil filters and gaskets anymore.

Last edited:

cessnatwin

Changed my oil yesterday, was to lazy to change the gaskets, and f$$k me, it leaked everywhere, I changed them with the parts that came in the NAPA gold kit and they sealed up perfectly, so CHANGE THEM!

jatonka

For the new guys, The oil canister gasket is a napa 5119, fiber gasket
the primary fuel gasket is a napa 5131 rubber gasket
the secondary fuel gasket is a napa 5070 rubber gasket
All good current numbers, I buy them by the hundred count and have them all the time. JT out

Last edited:

pdsm

Another Primary Fuel Filter Option

My primary fuel filter started leaking recently at the canister gasket, and I needed a fix w/o waiting for a special ordered gasket to get me back on the road. I discovered that the NAPA 5131 gasket is included with the 3113 filter, which is stocked by my local NAPA store. I bought the 3113 intending only to use the canister gasket. I then discovered that it is essentially identical to the 3511 filter, but it includes features to center the filter on the canister bolt. The only problem is that the attached gasket is too small to seal against the base. I simply swapped the attached gasket from the 3511 filter to the top of the 3113, and put it all back together using the 3113. (And I still have another new gasket from the other end of the 3511 for the next time!)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks