• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NAPA part #'s for m35a2 oil filters????

You were right on the money. Typically with closed loops consting of primarily mild steel we use Sodium Nitrite as a corrosion inhibitor. For loops containing copper exchangers you would want to use a triazole or mixture of the two.

This 100% ethylene glycol. mixed with my softened well water i would expect my trucks coolant PH is somewhere around 6.5-8 as my well water is about a 5.8.

Attachments

SteveKuhn

"...hmm mine didnt have a cotter pin..."

That seems to keep the upper assembly parts together when you lift it off the base or elements.

The spring is on the top; cotter pin on the bottom.

And unfortunately the gasket I'm looking for doesn't see to be on the parts lists at the top of the forum.

Steve

Mine came with the gaskets in a cheap complete filter kit from ebay. It did come with a cotter pin but there were no cotter pins when i removed mine so i didnt put them back in, it all works fine.

Next time im out in the shed ill sort through my filter parts box, it had the part number writen on the bags and on a list a i believe. i also got sent spare ones by accident i could mail you if i ever remembered to.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another good reason to consult the TMs! To know your filter is assembled with the correct parts in the correct order. :wink:

uriss

Prankster: Search the boatyards for a Chrysler Gray Marine engine. Mine used spin on filters. Maryville Marine, I think they are in Michigan, if they are still in business could help.

Prankster

Wow! It has been a while since I have been back here. Thanks for the info. I need help with a body change. I have a 4-door Chevy Pickup body I want to install on the Deuce. I figure the comfort of a silverado would be a bit better.

uriss

Well if you want it on a deuce that is really simple. Find a tall overpass with low guardrails. Park the deuce under it. Then roll the chevy right on top of it. How ya hold it on is up to you.

frank scholer

I just got done doing an oil change and filters on my 1971M109A3 van with the LDT465 multifuel engine. I bought the filters recommended in an earlier message (NAPA FIL 1133 for oil, 3511 and 3512 for fuel). Things were a bit off. As background, I bought the truck from Gov Liq at Ft Carson, CO and it came from the CO National Guard. The primary fuel filter was fine. The secondary fuel filters came with a rubber gasket that was a bit too small (diameter) to fit the groove in the filter mount so I had to reuse the old gasket. I turned it over so the filter cup had a new surface to bear against. No leaks! The oil filters were a bit smaller in diameter than the ones that were in it. The old filters had a Wix part number, CW-203MP, class 3, MS 35802-3, military standard full flow. The new fiber gasket fit fine and it all went together with no leaks. Is the Wix military filter available commercially?

onemanarmy

I just got done doing an oil change and filters on my 1971M109A3 van with the LDT465 multifuel engine. I bought the filters recommended in an earlier message (NAPA FIL 1133 for oil, 3511 and 3512 for fuel). Things were a bit off. As background, I bought the truck from Gov Liq at Ft Carson, CO and it came from the CO National Guard. The primary fuel filter was fine. The secondary fuel filters came with a rubber gasket that was a bit too small (diameter) to fit the groove in the filter mount so I had to reuse the old gasket. I turned it over so the filter cup had a new surface to bear against. No leaks! The oil filters were a bit smaller in diameter than the ones that were in it. The old filters had a Wix part number, CW-203MP, class 3, MS 35802-3, military standard full flow. The new fiber gasket fit fine and it all went together with no leaks. Is the Wix military filter available commercially?
On the secondary fuel filters, you have to stretch the gasket out, and it will then fit. Hold it in place for a minute or so, the gasket will shrink back down and hold itself in place.

ShearerLegal

Prankster: Search the boatyards for a Chrysler Gray Marine engine. Mine used spin on filters. Maryville Marine, I think they are in Michigan, if they are still in business could help.
There were Chrysler Marine engines and Gray Marine engines. Not the same company. Most of the Gray flatheads did not come with oil filters, except as an option. The Chrysler flatheads did. The optional oil filters were of the bypass type such as made by Fram. Example: Fram F3P.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks