• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NAPA parts list for M 135?

USMC 00-08

PM your email address and I will send it to you. Keep in mind it is still in development.

Not sure what parts can be crossed between the G749 and CCKW. Good question. Hopefully someone will chime in on that.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G749 Parts

Has anyone discovered any new part numbers since January that I can add to the spreadsheet? If so post them or send me a PM and I will add them. Thanks!
You have done a pile of work on the G749 Crossover doc so, thank you and a toast. :beer:

We're going to need it! Got a sea-can emptied and started putting shelves back in so it's almost time to fill them up. Got a few close ups on the G749 Preservation Thread and we're going to try and set it up just like the manual and spreadsheet.
P5180010.jpg

I need to update a column for "Current Suppliers of NOS G749 Parts" as well. Don't need them quite yet but will need plugs and wires to feed 4 running engines soon.

We have a possible NOS soft top find so there are still some rare finds out there.

Great work on the sheet!

USMC 00-08

I made some really good progress on the list today!!! I discovered the GMC 302 engine parts on the NAPA website that their own parts guys seem to not know about.

If you go to their site, go to "add vehicle", select "Medium/Heavy Duty Trucks", then "1952 GMC 455-30" and...........up come 302 Inline 6 parts!!!! The site has it incorrectly listed as a V8. The parts are definitely for our 302's.

Using TM 9-8025-1, a lot of the parts appear to be the same as what we need.

I hope this is useful for you all!!

USMC 00-08

G749 Exhaust Pipe Flange Rings

Exhaust Pipe Flange Rings. Used original on the left, new on the right
100_2244.jpg

Fel-Pro 60986 if anyone else needs some. Found mine at Bumper to Bumper.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did we ever decide where the parts list was going to live?
I cannot remember???
I'm in need of a air intake hose. 3.25" inside by 18" long with a 90 degree bend.

USMC 00-08

Did we ever decide where the parts list was going to live?
As soon as I get a few more things found, I was going to figure out how to post the list into a thread titled "G749 Parts List" or something of the sort and ask a moderator to make it a sticky. I sent the most recent edition to your personal email just now.

I used this for a breather hose since I have found nothing else so far that would work.
Breather Hose(Spectre) 8741O'Reilly's

Looks like this.
100_2101.jpg

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/archive/index.php/t-52255.html

"m1010plowboy
09-13-2011, 01:35
Had a little delay and failure finding a local source for seals and sleeves on two of the diffs.
National carries a seal part #450104 but it would require machining the flange to 2 7/16".

I have NOS parts coming and solved this with help from Brian Asbury this time, but there must be other solutions.

Seal from the Levy book part #74-13229
Sleeve #74-11220

How do you stop your 50 year old rear end from drippin'? "

Search "yt-2279461 seal" on Ebay.

cmpman

25970 is the correct interchange number for the GM pn 2279461

Features & Benefits
Spring Loaded, w/ Auxiliary Dirt Lip, Inner Case, SKF Patented Bi-Directional Wave Seal, Positive Fluid Control, Well Suited For Extreme Pressure (EP) Lubricants, Resists Oxidation & Ozone, Temps -40 Deg Celsius To 149 Deg Celsius
Attributes
Pinion Seal I.D. : 2.598"
Pinion Seal O.D. : 3.486"
Pinion Seal Width : .438"

USMC 00-08

I have been speaking with a moderator about getting the elusive parts list posted up here very soon. (Within the next 2 weeks if all goes well)

Please let me know any part numbers that you have for the G749 so I can get them added to the list.

We have a lot of part numbers guys and I think everyone will like it.

cmpman

cmpman...Do you have any other part numbers?
I deal with them item by item as required.

If you have access to the NAPA prolink, many of the GM part numbers for things like bearings and seals, along with other common parts used on the old deuce will cross refer over to the NAPA number is you do a search query.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks