• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NAPA....where have they gone?

partime

I live in GA, and The local napa is 20 miles away and when I asked for a Starter they said they couldn,t get one ......The reason they gave was it's just too rare.:cry:

Viper350

That is funny if you go to their website it gives up three starters to choose from. All of them are showing "in stock" at the local stores up here in Richmond or for delivery. You just need to make sure your searching for the diesel engine. They probably don't have a clue about what their doing!!! :confused:

boomer

That's a lame excuse. There has to be more to it. As for tfe's reply- NAPA has lots of auto parts. Truck and motorcycle parts too. (No, I don't own one. No I don't have stock in them) Maybe I should.:smile:

blacktop_one

I am halfway between two NAPAs. I now go exclusively to the small-town one since they have adults working the counter who know their stuff and have a good work ethic unlike the big-city one where the 20-somethings couldn't find it with both hands and really couldn't give a rats you-know-what about getting you what you needed. It's a shame, really.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have always had good luck with NAPA. got a bunch of stuff for my 43 cckw the other day. can't say the same about the other guys

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Our local NAPA store is great...well there are several branches in town. If one doesn't had something in stock...they check the others. If no one has it...they find it...might take a few days for hard stuff...but they can find almost anything...prices are another issue.:-|

Stan Leschert

Normally NAPA is great. My wife used to work there, but butted heads with a goofball manager. Career change. Most of the people there are fantastic. If you find someone who acts like a longterm GL employee, call back, and get somebody smarter. They have access to some of the best parts. If you can talk to the heavy truck division....You're home!

kassim503

Ive always had napa pull through on parts that nobody else could get ahold of, in stock or order in, but they can always find everything. Too bad prices might be a little higher, but the parts are better

greenjeepster

Napa is one of the few auto part stores I still like. You just need to do your research first and give them a part number instead of a vehicle make/model. They may not want to get one shipped in because of cost if the are one satellite store with no others around. You can get many items shipped straight to your house by using their website.

98hd

I used to love NAPA, until they said they may not warranty my balljoints anymore.

Lifetime warranty on them, and they wear pretty fast (common problem w/ my model truck).

The mgr at the store I go to said they are cracking down on their warranties.

kenny

I feel lucky to have a Napa Warehouse down the street from me that delevers to most of the Napa stores in Texas

I get parts for every thing I own at Napa including early 1970s to 2008 Outboard boat motor parts.