• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nartron EESS does not like the hot?

tage

I keep reading the threads of bad pcm's, and thought I would share my issue.
I have the yellow label Nartron EESS, and cold starts on hot days (over 105 F) the light will come on for a split second. Starts fine, takes couple extra cranks though.
When it's cooler out the wait light comes on, does its cycles like normal.

Would one say that is normal, or should I be looking for an S3 smart start?

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen that many times...IMO the cold engine and hot OAT confuses the TSU...I also see this where the truck was running, turned off for a couple hrs, upon restart its as if it's in between "should I light the glow plugs or should I not" kind of dilemma....so additional cranking is required to start. I have converted all my trucks over to S3 and no issues to date.
my only 2nd choice is a yellow label KDS. This box produces a 60sec or so afterglow, visible on the voltage gauge. This has been addressed in the S3.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I keep reading the threads of bad pcm's, and thought I would share my issue.
I have the yellow label Nartron EESS, and cold starts on hot days (over 105 F) the light will come on for a split second. Starts fine, takes couple extra cranks though.
When it's cooler out the wait light comes on, does its cycles like normal.

Would one say that is normal, or should I be looking for an S3 smart start?

let me add...I know of no yellow label Nartron S3 EESS. Both the KDS and Nartron S3 are white labels on a CARC green box. The only thing in this application that is yellow is the band on the KDS TSU. There is also a Nartron TSU.
the yellow banded KDS TSU is backwards compatible with the S3 of either MFG.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks