• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NAS Corpus Christi - FLOODING, 12 May 2015

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wet bearings and brakes.
Soggy temp sensors and squat switches. (electronics they mentioned)
Are there landing/approach lights on those gear struts too?

Does the SAME company that would REPLACE these aircraft also have a dog in the fight for their current maintenance and/or scheduling/evacuation??? I smell a stinky fish here.

Carry on.

PureMayhem

That is not good. I own house a few miles from the NAS just on the other side of TAMU. Unfortunately I am in Luanda or I would be there. My neighbors have not said anything about flooding so hopefully the house is stilt dry.

WhitePhoenix

Wet bearings and brakes.
Soggy temp sensors and squat switches. (electronics they mentioned)
Are there landing/approach lights on those gear struts too?

Does the SAME company that would REPLACE these aircraft also have a dog in the fight for their current maintenance and/or scheduling/evacuation??? I smell a stinky fish here.

Carry on.
So I can shed some light on this as I just became a Naval Aviator that flew the T-6B less than a year ago (NAS Milton, not Corpus but regardless and the older looking planes are T-34C being completely phased out by the T-6B). There are landing/taxi lights underneath the inboard side of the wings very close to the fuselage. And there are a few sensors mounted on the wings, the true air temperature, pitot tubes, the angle of attack vane. Then the brakes for the tires and the squat switch you speak of is a weight on wheels switch that allows for certain functions to occur/not occur when on the ground or in the air. And Hawker-Beechcraft is the maker of the beautiful plane which has 0 to due with the maintenance and other decisions, the maintenance is contracted out to Sikorsky oddly enough. And as far as evacuation, last year in Pensacola we had very heavy thunderstorms like this that put most of the city under multiple feet of water, so you can never predict what the outcome will be.

Madmedic

That is not good. I own house a few miles from the NAS just on the other side of TAMU. Unfortunately I am in Luanda or I would be there. My neighbors have not said anything about flooding so hopefully the house is stilt dry.
Hope all is well with your house.

A buddy of mine has a house in Rockport, and said they had "MINOR" tidal flooding.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks