• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NATO Light switch data...

chrismanby

Hi J

See we have the same problem. I am trying to build a test box for the light circuit. I too need to know what the breaking amp is for the thermal breaker inside the light switch. I have tried to look at several of them, but it does not state on them what the set point is.
Have looked at several different manufactures and no 2 are the same, but it seems to be a well kept secret.
Here is a photo - " exploded view" - of one that gave me grief " The key word here is "exploded" because that is exactly what it did. Seems there was too much juice to the front lights, but never can be sure, so I want to test the rest of the circuits.
Hope someone know the answer and will let us in on this well kept secret.
Chris.

Attachments

Mike_Pop

Bjorn,

Just so you know, the switch you posted first is what I had in my 1987 Unimog. I beleive we discussed this in another thread.

chrismanby

HI
Found an article in the "resources" list on how to clean and repair the light switch, by Brian Sikkema. Cant seem to open the file. I can see that it is a PHP file (what ever that is). Could be there is somthing listed in that article...
Maybe someone has the key?? Please tell us mortals what butons to push to gain access.
Thanks
Chris.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks