• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nato plug charging???

dadafan

Does anyone have experience in using the nato plug to keep a trickle charge on the batteries over winter? Is it possible, what other equipment is needed, i.e. 24 volt charger. Specifics would be appreciated.

Flyingvan911

You need a slave plug and 24 volt charger. If the newer trucks work like the older deuces and 5 tons, just plug the charger in to the slave port and the batteries will charge.

KansasBobcat

I bought a Mini/NATO Slave converter from Graywacke Engineering. 419-525-3888. Check their web site. I ended up talking to the owner...nice guy. Attach the converter to your 24V charger and plug in. This converter is cheaper than buying an end to slave cable. Think I paid about 50.00 with shipping.

BuiltMFG

Will the batteries charge from the nato plug if the main cut-off switch (under the nato plug) is in the off position? I'm not finding this switch in the TM's

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I think the slave plug goes right to the batteries. Check it with a multimeter. If it’s live with the switch off then yes you can charge thru it. You won’t find that in the first gen tms. It’s not on first gen trucks. Only later a1 trucks that have the batt disconnect box to the right of the battery box.

Ronmar

I think the slave plug goes right to the batteries. Check it with a multimeter. If it’s live with the switch off then yes you can charge thru it. You won’t find that in the first gen tms. It’s not on first gen trucks. Only later a1 trucks that have the batt disconnect box to the right of the battery box.
Acording to the A1 schematic in the TM section of the forum the slave receptical is connected directly to the batteries...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks