• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NATO Slave Recepticle

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the CUCV the batteries are not normally charged in series, my post above generally only applies if the batteries are normally charged in series (the deuce).

The problem with the 24-volt charger is that the two batteries will not receive the same charge. If the internal resistances are different (which they most likely are) a given current passing through both batteries in series will produce different voltages across them.

It's getting late, I hope it makes some sense.

85-m1028

thats why a parrallel set up works better, but for 24v charger = 24v battery, 12v charger =12v batt. but both batts charge equaly in parrallel, if you did 24v this would work better but what to do about in cab 12v electrical, maybe a dropping resistor for that?? the duece has 24v cab electrics, right? so why don't they just use 24v batts if its all 24V???? :confused:

mangus580

Because 2-12v batts are alot cheaper than 1-24v? Keep in mind, a 24v battery is the same as the 2-12v's.... just tied together internally....

I am not sure if that is the real answer.... maybe weight for removing them had something to do with it? I know they did use some 24v batts in some of the smaller things like generators.... but the MUTT had 2-12's

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks