• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Navy GMC 3500 Conversion / need drivers side view mirror

trsnider

Hello,
I recently bought a GL 1988 GMC 3500 4x4 6.2 automatic 12v, its OD green and has a federal stock number data plate, looks like but is not a true M1008, came from the navy cargo battalion, runs great, 33k original miles,

I would like to put on a set of 37 inch hummer bolt together rims and tires, currently has a set of plain 16 inch steel rims, she is geared super low, and is screaming at 50 mph, so some bigger sneakers will help greatly

what am I in for clearance wise?

figure it will need a small lift and maybe some hub spacers

it does not have the normal long locking hubs normally seen on chevy mil trucks, nothing from the hub extends past the rim flange
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Tony

GPrez

I think a 4" lift would be in order for you. You might get away with a 2", but will need to do some fender trimming. How about some pics of the new addition

86m1028

I think a 4" lift would be in order for you. You might get away with a 2", but will need to do some fender trimming. How about some pics of the new addition
Sounds like he has the newer body style (88-98) ifs, truck.
6in lift won't clear 35's without trimming.
It will take a lot of trimming with lift to fit 37's.

How about some pics ?

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably looks something like this SeaBee's truck I bought a couple of years ago. Humvee rims will not fit without spacers.

01.jpg

Last edited: