• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Navy m1009 ?

2deuce

Possibly it sounded like I meant special line, I just heard they were built on the same line but not mixed with civilian trucks on the line at the same time. Besides the electrical system differences and military specific parts they were 1984 vehicles and only used those parts in 1985 and 86 too. Seems likely they would have been built separate from a regular production run. This is just my logical guess and has no basis in fact.

cucvrus

I know the 1999 CUCVII was a repaint of a black Tahoe. Maybe not all of them. I seen several at the dealership and they were repainted before delivery. Strange as it may be. My Friend had a brand new 1995 Camaro convertible and it left the factory as a hardtop and was converted by another company located near the factory. He was not happy when he received it and found that out. It was 6 cylinder. If I remember correctly the next year or so the Camaro's came from the factory as convertibles. That's a long time ago and I am relying on memory. But my Son bought that Camaro and drove it into the ground. It was his main transportation while he was stationed at Fort Drum. I drove up there and replaced the windshield wiper motor in dead of winter because he couldn't drive the car without wipers. The local dealer wanted $450. to change the wiper motor. And it was a fun job all the way up under the cowl. Anyway your VIN checks out and you have an M1008. The M1028 has an 1GCHD in the VIN instead of a 1GCGD. I still have a title for a 1985 Chevrolet pick up. Maybe someone has the truck in this group. 1GCD34J1FF378115. If it is your truck I can send you the title. My Father drove the truck and passed away. i had to get a duplicate title in my name and sold the truck while it was in his name. Whole deal was messed up and just a revenue tax getter. Take Care. I seen a few 1990 K30 Dark Blue crew cabs on the scrap pile at the Gap. So wasteful.

nyoffroad

Dobbins AF base was not too far from my house when I was growing up and in high school in the 80's. I specifically remember driving past the AF base and seeing some of the service vehicles painted a dark flat blue
I don't doubt that but they were not CUCV's from the factory.
Like posted the RPO label shows the paint option. The RPO shown as an example is from an M1009. I live near a base and they have and had many GM vehicles of similar types as CUCV. But that's it similar. Take Care and anyway you have fun do it.
Your right, I have a DOD purchased K5 Blazer and it's far from a CUCV. First is it's red, second is the red velour interior and PW PL and power gate, lets not forget the 350 gas and the TH700R4. Nice truck but it's not green!

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a Navy M1009 that I got off of GL with 18,000 original miles. The paint was the 3 color camo from the factory. I think it was stored inside most of it's life. The dash pad is still looks like new.
The only difference I can find, is that it did not have a bridge plate on the front.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks