• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

navy/military boat section?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I just don't think we have enough boat owners to justify it. I think one of the guys from up North has a smaller boat that was the shore runner (can't remember it's real name) from a destroyer.

I can't think of anyone else.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought someone on SS had a PBR*. If so, that doubles the memebers with boats.

* Not the hand held PBRs

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I know one guy with a PBR is Dave P-something or other that owns WeeBee webbing (they make canvas). I don't know if he's on SS.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just don't think we have enough boat owners to justify it. I think one of the guys from up North has a smaller boat that was the shore runner (can't remember it's real name) from a destroyer.

I can't think of anyone else.
We have a Bradley forum. Show of hands, how many Bradley owners here?

I think we've had quite a few requests for a boat forum and quite a few boat focused discussions. I think we're overdue for a military watercraft forum.

jdknech

I am looking into buying a NAVY H.S.B. (high speed boat) and was just surprised there wasn't a watercraft section.. I mean there's a airplane and helicopter section lol

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the newer bridge boats like this: CRRC

How much? Those bridge boats are pretty sweet.

I've been contemplating a Zodiac H733 for years. I just don't think I'd get enough use out of a boat.

A guy I used to dive with in MI had a LCPL (like this: http://tulare.homelinux.net/images/lcpl-mk11-2.jpg) he converted into a dive charter boat. It worked out well as a charter boat, but I saw it up for sale a few years back. I don't know why he was selling. I saw about a dozen LCPLs come out of GL Barstow a couple years ago, if i could have managed one back then I'd have been tempted to buy. I didn't catch any of the final prices.

Last edited:

saddamsnightmare

August 18th, 2012.

One of these days I am going to end up with an Army "ST" tugboat, as the Navy YTM ended up reefed in the Great Lakes before I could get a discussion going on price. I regret to say that was the "Seneca" likely the USS Cockenoe at Pearl Harbor on December 7th, 1941. The "ST''s were designed to be truckable at 45' and 9 tons or so....:shock:

Csm Davis

One of the newer bridge boats like this: CRRC

How much? Those bridge boats are pretty sweet.

I've been contemplating a Zodiac H733 for years. I just don't think I'd get enough use out of a boat.

A guy I used to dive with in MI had a LCPL (like this: http://tulare BB.homelinux.net/images/lcpl-mk11-2.jpg) he converted into a dive charter boat. It worked out well as a charter boat, but I saw it up for sale a few years back. I don't know why he was selling. I saw about a dozen LCPLs come out of GL Barstow a couple years ago, if i could have managed one back then I'd have been tempted to buy. I did catch and of the end prices.
Yes it is one of the crrc boats not sure what he wants

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm, at first I was thinking that we don't need another forum. Then the remark about the Bradley came up. Then I really got to thinking, "if you build it, they will come". I have no decision making capacity on this but I support it. It's not like we are watering down another boat category (remember the A3 deuce). Let there be boats.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do we need a poll? I agree with Kenny, it's time for boats.

The might be an interest from some former Navy types.

;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks