• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NC Members-House to consider MV plate

dubnali

Subscribed. Keep us posted. I hope it passes with no additional restrictions on use. The antique auto plate is fine, but NC's 35 year requirement is a little bit redundant. Why do they insist that something must be 35 years old to be collectible? Most of the 5T truck I see on GL are 1984+, so I would have to tag it as a weighted vehicle. That's one thing that's kept me from adding one to my collection.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Subscribed. Keep us posted. I hope it passes with no additional restrictions on use. The antique auto plate is fine, but NC's 35 year requirement is a little bit redundant. Why do they insist that something must be 35 years old to be collectible? Most of the 5T truck I see on GL are 1984+, so I would have to tag it as a weighted vehicle. That's one thing that's kept me from adding one to my collection.
Again referring to TEXAS:
Antique plates have an age requirement, however, FMV registration is "regardless of age or size/weight" @ $10/year on a 5-year cycle.

Other states would do well to pattern their laws on the Texas example.

dubnali

My comment regarding the age requirement was mostly aimed at the new MV plate. No age requirement on an MV plate would be awesome. There should be a difference between MV plates and Antique plates other than aesthetics.

mtnrebel

After a few emails, and no repsonses from two House Reps, I still don't know if this will be introduced. A tag bill was introduced earlier, but nothing stated about prior MV's. I haven't given up yet!

BillabongKong

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be Carefull of what you wish for... You Might get it rammed down your throat !
In The 70's they tried to make seat belts mandatory for motorcycles!