• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ndebele from New Jersey

Hainebd

Hey everyone. Just got my first Duce. Named her Big Brute. She is a 1971 Jeep. Mechanically working. She has some electrical and cosmetic issues but has not stopped from driving her. She is running 1100 NDT on stock rims. I purchased from a Friend who wanted a tow truck version. Paid $2,500 for her. She needs $1,000 in parts and several $1,000 in upgrades that I want to do. Driving and owning one has been a long time coming. I want to thank everyone here for their help. GOD Bless All.

Scarecrow1

Welcome and congratulations on your Deuce. I'm sure you will have a ball putting it just right one part at a time . You may never be out of a project so long as you have it .........

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats & good luck. This forum is the single best resource for working on Deuces, "SEARCH" quickly became my friend and has answered all of my inquiries & problems to date.

BTW, is there a Rhodesian connection to your thread title? Or Zambian?

Hainebd

Plans for truck

Welcome. We should start a NJ thread so we can get togather. What are your plans with the truck? If you're looking to use it as a woods truck, PM me, I go out in the pines often.
I am not sure. Right now I am going over completely. Need lights working. My wife got the tires muddy already. I was impressed.

TNJMurray

We've got a part for that
We stock all you could ever want and need for big brute!!! Check our web site out at tnjmurray.com or call us at 302-736-1790. We are only 30 min south of the delaware m bridge and will beat any competitors price!! Thanks john murray

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
congrats on the new Deuce that is the best starter truck for anyone, also welcome to the site, this place will become your second home, some of the most knowledgeable people anywhere spend time here and are willing to help just about everybody. The TMs for your truck can be found on this site also, spend some time there and they will answer probably 95% of your questions! Good luck and where are the pictures?
KK

Hainebd

Ok so far I have done the following, new turn signal switch, new tail lights, new right front turn signal, rebuild light switch still right turn will not work, going to remove rear wire harness and rebuild. Will rebuild front harness over summer or purchase replacement. Installed new windshields. Took the three flats off, what a difference, drives much better with out the flat tires, one was full of sand the two others water. Tire guy says tires and flaps are good just need tubes. Front rear has pinion seal leak, I have seals so tomorrow I may change. I am able to drive and it is great. Runs like a top. Tons of little things that need to be done. Going tommorow to pick up winch.

Hainebd

I wish she was show ready but she isn't. He is a work in progress and just when I think she is road worthy he throws a curve ball. In time maybe. Pulling wheels to check is a must.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks