• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NDT 9.00-20 tire lifespan

22/45

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m sure this was beat to death at some point but the search function isn’t showing me any hits.

Other than obvious cracks, chunks missing, etc of a bad tire, do these tires have a usable lifespan? And I’m not talking about hard rubber making traction less than optimal. I’m more concerned with blowouts or other age related failures. I don’t hear about them but I also imagine most M35a2s get driven less than a hundred miles a year.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They seem to last forever age wise. I have some 1964 Gates tires on my truck that are still going strong. Mileage wise, on the front, they can wear out in a few thousand miles. Usually the tire will show signs of impending disaster, like vibration, cracks, bulges etc, that you should be looking for at your before operation checks.

22/45

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They seem to last forever age wise. I have some 1964 Gates tires on my truck that are still going strong. Mileage wise, on the front, they can wear out in a few thousand miles. Usually the tire will show signs of impending disaster, like vibration, cracks, bulges etc, that you should be looking for at your before operation checks.
That's good to know. I am looking at a few deuces in my area and prefer the look of the NDTs, plus I do like the availability of them on the surplus market.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I’m sure this was beat to death at some point but the search function isn’t showing me any hits.

Other than obvious cracks, chunks missing, etc of a bad tire, do these tires have a usable lifespan? And I’m not talking about hard rubber making traction less than optimal. I’m more concerned with blowouts or other age related failures. I don’t hear about them but I also imagine most M35a2s get driven less than a hundred miles a year.
Hate to admit it, but our search engine (for the software that drives this site) isn't all that good. There. Politically correct without bashing it - even though it is pretty expensive... Most of the time, searching with your favorite search engine and you will be much happier. Example, Your Search SITE: steelsoldiers.com

As far as tires are concerned, it really depends on YOU. If you drive like a bat out of hell and go as fast as you possibly can, tires that are less than 5 years old would be a good rule to live by. I have some that are much older and around town they do just fine. If I have a blowout, the runflat will do it's job... On the other hand, if you get on the highway having good tires is pretty important.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks