• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NDT= No Darn Traction

citizensoldier

Well I was settling in today and the phone rang.. Darn kids these days think there deuce will go anywhere.. I think with tire chains he could have made it but I pulled him out and all was well again.. I might have to go back tomorrow and show him what some XL's can do! :-D Darn load restrictions are on or the M816 would have showed up.

Some others of us pulling home a XM310 trailer and a M146 on a dolly just for fun...

Attachments

emr

actually they have alot of traction, but like anything else there are give and takes, someone running highway air and getting stuck is there fault not the tires, some one young getting stuck is a learning exerience, momentum seems it may be as much a cause as anything else,and gear selection for sure... some one with experience that knows his/her truck/tires drivetrain and there capabilitys can push them far beyond what the average joe can, these tires are Awesome, as with most situations driver error is the blame here .the driver put the truck in a place where it did not make use of just how awesome it is , not the tires not the trucks fault, now could a different tire let an inexperienced driver go further into trouble SURE COULD! I will brag alittle here, when i get a truck stuck it usually is very very stuck, i could have run that baby thru that,Now a lesson these tires can be aired down to 15 pounds of pressure, THAT IS AWESOME and so are these tires, they go to work when they are folding over what they are driving on, thats the way they were designed to work and they do. just sayin......:-D...

cruz

did you pick up that trailer on the 19th at lansing, I think I saw you there, I was picking up a m146 also, just a few down from yours, if it was you, but it was a deuce with a dolly. heres a pic when I got home.

Attachments

jim-m35a2

O.K. so how do you do that? The only place with snow is on the road ! :?:;)
Snow in Michigan does not melt where the sun does not shine. Roads are mostly lower then the surronding land, do to the compacting of the soil. Look at the buildings in the pictures, snow is clearly visible around the buildings. Nice recovery Citizen.

Jim
________
Website Host

Last edited:

tm america

ndt means non directional travel or if you have those tires you wont be movving unless you're on dry level pavement.i have xl's on my truck they do better with 70 psi than ndts do with 15psi anyone that thinks ndts are good is challenged to play follow the leader with me bring your winch youll need it:-D

tm america

we're gonna be going 70 to 75 mph in alot of the places i guess i'll have time to do my brakes and oil change while i wait for you to catch up:-D

citizensoldier

Oh boy here we go! Well NDT's do ok in mud and sand and the sidewalls can take one hell of a tree stump beating but on snow they suck and are pushing up on worthless. Aired down or not. That's why you see chains on them in most winter applications. They do ok for a tire design over 60 years old.
Thats a seasonal road he is stuck on so it has seen snowmobile traffic and blowing snow all winter. He probably could have made it if he aired down and wanted to beat the heck out of the truck. Bjorn brings a good point about a load in the back on a cargo deuce. It makes a world of difference. Its snowing right now and already 3 inches on the ground.. Oh joy!

citizensoldier

Hey cruz that was us! I saw you loading up didnt know who you were. I didnt know you came from Wi ! Darn I have a trailer I have been trying to get home from Janesville.. Crap!
Was your trailer full of goodies from Uncle Sam?

citizensoldier

I ended up with two ladders, a heavy chord with the right end to hook up to the trailer, and a new window. You coming back to Michigan anytime soon? Man I need to get my off road trailer home so I can haul wood and sap... :|

tm america

i will have to try it . but for all out getting through mud the biggest meatiest tire on the lightest most powerfull truck you can get even bigfoot gets stuck but mud drag trucks just skip over the top they can even drive on water

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks