• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NDT Replacements

runk

I'm running the 11.00 x 20 G177's as well (all 10). Much nicer on the highway, much easier to steer in the parking lot, haven't tried them off road yet. When I installed them, I also stripped and painted all the wheels, from the 3 riveted ones (with a million coats of paint) to the two with a single coat of black, and from 4 or 5 different manufacturers. All listed at least 9.00 through 11.00 as allowable sizes in the stamped specs on the wheels. Picked up some speed per RPM, not noticeably slower acceleration (could it be slower :?:)

AN/ARC186

Thanks for all the input guys, looks like the winner is the 1100R20 XLs.
Since I'm going to have a fair bit of weight in the bed I really want to keep the duals.

Besides, that means I'll have to buy 11 tires instead of 7 and that means more work for the tire factory and the guy who makes the tires keeps his job..etc etc etc............. I'm not spending money, I'm stimulating the economy!!!

LanceRobson

emr

Very true about how much a tire will carry, these are all real truck tires, ,And well said because alot of newer guys think the 900's are to weak, as u know not true at all, they are more than up to the task of over loaded trucks and have proved it for generations... BUT as for stability there is no comparison to deuls out there, I love singles and deuls, but each one has a thing they are better at, I have noticed alot of guys have the same taste as Me , as for deuls on a deuce its just one mean look, i love all those tires, there really is not the biggest difference in the world in traction, but a single in the same test track at the same time will go further than a deul set up....Love tire posts....I have 4 brand new G177s and do not know if I want to keep em or sell em, tough call, I may never be able to afford the rest...oh well...randy

MikeON

I'm running the 11.00 x 20 G177's as well (all 10). Much nicer on the highway, much easier to steer in the parking lot, haven't tried them off road yet. When I installed them, I also stripped and painted all the wheels, from the 3 riveted ones (with a million coats of paint) to the two with a single coat of black, and from 4 or 5 different manufacturers. All listed at least 9.00 through 11.00 as allowable sizes in the stamped specs on the wheels. Picked up some speed per RPM, not noticeably slower acceleration (could it be slower :?:)
I also just put G177s on. Got them off ebay and paid more for the shipping (with the 5 ton rims they were on) than for the tires. Traction in snow is definitely better than NDTs. Truck is a little squirmy at 55 mph. I'm still tinkering with pressure and toe-in.

Attachments

MasterChief

Can anyone help me with finding a source for 11.00 x 20 snowplow tread tires to use plowing with my bobbed M-35?
Currently running 14.00x 20 - great for many things but NOT plowing.
I live in Maine and shipping is an issue....
Thanks!