• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nearby Fire Department

greenjeepster

2 or 3 years ago the Forest service auctioned off a bunch of 2.5 and 5 ton brush trucks in Morehead KY. I had to work that day and figured they would bring big bucks so I skipped the auction. I called later to see what the going rate on them was and they all went for under 600.00 each......

They also had a Junky m38 that they auctioned last year... I went to that one expecting a good deal and it went for 3800.00

mckeeranger

where about are you? looks like my back yard
That truck sits at the Middle Fork Volunteer Fire Department. It's right off the Mountain Parkway in Eastern KY. It's near the Slade exit. That's the exit for Kentucky's Natural Bridge State Park and the Red River Gorge, for those that know where that is.

mckeeranger

Im all about reusing MV's for things, but that tanker is a LODD waiting to happen.
It doesn't show in the pictures, but the tank is an old Union 76 fuel tank. The front port corner is bent up, so it has a accident history. I don't know if it's baffled or not, hopefully it is. The truck doesn't have a pump, so it's only for hauling water, and can only be filled by another truck, or at a hydrant.

I don't think they use it much, if at all. It's always sitting in the same spot, even when there is a forest fire.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks