• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need 1" to 2" drive socket adapter

akt12

Hello fellow steel soldier troops!

I need a large socket adapter.

Basically I own a huge socket made for giant air tools and I would like to use the socket on my hand driven deuce tire iron to remove lug nuts.

I will buy a homemade tool!

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or have a machine shop cut a piece of steel down then harden it.

tourus

If that is a 2" drive socket try Gray phewmatic tools they make sockets up to 2" drive and are good tools. they are probably alot cheaper than snap-on I have looked at them on line they make ship building tools and industry

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You realize you can buy a budd nut socket for less than that adapter. Look at that, less than $25 shipped!

*** removed eBay link ***

Last edited by a moderator:

Ford Mechanic

You realize you can buy a budd nut socket for less than that adapter. Look at that, less than $25 shipped!

I bought the snap-on version at $50 and ruined it in 3 tires on the inner lug/stud. Found that it works much better to just use the inner lug/stud socket on them and the combo one on the big lugs. And yes they replaced the socket for free, the dealer made the comment of "Gee never had one do that before!"

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, I have 3 different ones. They have been used a lot and never failed me. Considering the costs involved I gave him his best choice. Here is the closest thing I could find, and its only 1.5"drive, not 2".

**** removed ebay link ****

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It does seem a little silly to take a 1 inch drive up to a 2 inch with an adapter just to use a socket easily obtainable for the 1 inch in the first place.

:cookoo:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimp. Gimp. Gimp.

You know the rules about ebay links.

First DH gets a time out and now you do. What's the world coming to???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks