• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need a 3" 8 sided socket

bond024

I am needing a 3" 8 sided socket and I can't seem to find one anywhere. Where can I get one? I am pulling the wheel bearing nut on my Deuce.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are also several threads with manufacturers names and part numbers and locations to buy these sockets.

Try an advanced search for " hub nut socket" or spindle nut socket or spindle nut, hub nut etc... in the deuce or modded deuce forums. OTC is one brand.

jimm1009

Napa is an OTC dealer but they may not actually have it in stock.
My NAPA store can order a tool and if is in the whare house in New Orleans they will have it in Lafayette, LA the next day for me.
A little $$ but when you need it you need it.
See picture attached. One is the OTC1907 for the deuce and the other is the OTC1924 (3 3/8 inch) for the M105 trailer axles nut.
Snapon and Matco also can acquire TOC as well but as mentioned above if you have time to wait you acna also get them through mail order too.

Additional information for Colorado state see PDF attachment here.

Attachments

Last edited:

bond024

i called earlier and they said they didn't have it, but after reading everybody saying napa, I decided to go down there and talk to someone that knows what they are doing and they have one in the warehouse and will have it there tomarrow. I guess it is time to put everything back together.

Alredneck

Banned
Got mine through Napa, it wasnt cheap like 80-90 bucks. Had to order it so it took a couple days! If you ask the guy may say your crazy but its in their catalog

jimm1009

80 to 90 is "way wrong" as my grandaughter says.
I just called my NAPA store today for this reply (next to where I work) and with the corporate discount it is $25.46. Retail is about 30.00 Something is WRONG.
I would ask for a price check on that tool if it is an OTC.
jimm1009

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got mine from David Kelone. NOS Surplus for $10. Quite a bargain at twice the price.