• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need a better vacuum source

Dan6wd

I purchased a mighty 2d diesel injection cleaning kit from a local auto shop in my town. I decided to put the hose down the pipe leading to the turbo, since I didn't want to replace the gasket leading to the intake manifold from the turbo. I throttled up the duece and sparayed the entire can into the charge pipe. I didn't notice any blake smoke, rpm changes, or any other indication that the cleaner was doing anything. it's lie one of those upper intake cleaners for cars that utilize the iv type, with a hose pluggiung into a vaccum source. Yes there was alot of suction in the pipe! I almost lost the whole can down the pipe! My question is does anyone know of a better vaccum source for hooking up the iv hose? i know diesel's do not have the same type of vaccum that a gasser engine has, but there has to be somewhere better. I felt like it wasn;t making its way throught the intake side of the turbo's compressor wheel into the intake. I guess I could buy a gasket next time and unbolt the intake form the turbo charge pip, thus bypassing the entire turbo, unless someone else has a better idea.

Attachments

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
there is a 1/8" pipe plug on top of the intake that has 'vacuum' at idle, but you are wasting your money with this type of thing. just put a cleaner in with the fuel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks