• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need a fuel pump please

MrAugust

hi all i need an in tank fuel pump mine has packed in and im having trouble locating one, as im in england and no one wants to ship me one...##

any body help me out please as my truck is dead in the shed due to fileter change and not been able to prime him up n get him out...

iv had the pump put and testd it the bush's or bearings are gone.. its dated 1960 though so not bad...

any help please email me direct... im not a messer if you got it and i want it let me know and send it me please...

cleggs20@hotmail.com

nice one guys.... :roll:

Hammer

Try putting a 'slight' pressure on the fuel tank.
Slight = less then 5 psi.
Open drain on the last filter until there is no air.
Leave the pressure on and try to start the engine (I like using a little ether for this part).

I am no help for an extra pump though, I need one myself.
Which is exactly why I haven't changed the filters on it, which I really need to do SOON!

MrAugust

yes im doing that... i primed the system up with a hand primer.. and it stuck in the pipe.. but it drains back.. so the next step is to get a compresser air line in tank and do as you recomend. but iv killed the batts messing about with thinking it had presssure....

thanks a lot... il keep ya posted how it goes... ps wot a pretty brill bit of kit the pump is...

Camoclad

This might be a stupid comment but did you check your fuse. I was informed by a local NG mechanic that my in tank pump was fried but all it needed was a fuse and now works fine.

jimm1009

your fuel pump fuse

Uner the sheetmetal over over the pump, outiside of the tank.
There is a thread on it here somewhere on S.S. but I did not find it in 30 seconds.
I'll search for it and try to send it in case you don't find it. Better yet,
I'll try to take a picture if I can.

Additionall info. Here are three pics that should explain it all.
It is a standard automotive fuse but slow-blow. It is 250 volts and 2 amps, I think. The amp reading could be in error but yours should tell you once you open it up.
I have a problem that I exposed and will ask in another thread. :roll:
Jim

Attachments

Last edited:

Camoclad

on top where the pump enters the tank there will be 4 screws. remove them and lift the cover off. inside is a glass slowblo type fuse easy and cheap to replace. I cant post pictures but when you look at the top of the pump you cant miss the small screws.

Hammer

You should run a 4 amp slow-blow fuse. Especially if you are running WMO.

Mine keeps blowing fuses, and I can't see any stripped wires or grounded out wires.
I still need to pull the pump out and take a look at it.
I just don't want to have the truck down right now. But I have to do it soon.

KaiserM109

This might be a stupid comment but did you check your fuse? …
Not stupid at all. Always start with the simple, cheap stuff.

You should run a 4 amp slow-blow fuse. Especially if you are running WMO.

Mine keeps blowing fuses, and I can't see any stripped wires or grounded out wires.
I still need to pull the pump out and take a look at it.
I just don't want to have the truck down right now. But I have to do it soon.
My M109A3 (turtleback deuce) had a 10 amp fuse when I opened it up. I haven't searched the TMs, but I'll bet there's a spec' somewhere there for it.

Arlyn
Colorado

Last edited:

crazyplowboy

When I opened the cover up on my deuce there was a 20 amp fuse in there, so I just replaced it with another one. Then one day Doghead and Gimpyrobb pointed out that it is supposed to be a 4 amp slow blow, so I changed it to that.

MrAugust

This might be a stupid comment but did you check your fuse. I was informed by a local NG mechanic that my in tank pump was fried but all it needed was a fuse and now works fine.

yes it was blown bit nhad the pump out on test and it is not workign full stop. it kicked in to life but made a screech and died again.

KaiserM109

yes it was blown bit nhad the pump out on test and it is not workign full stop. it kicked in to life but made a screech and died again.
The brushes are probably shot. That's how one I disected ran. One brush was completely gone and the other was down to a nub. The comutator was real bad, keeping me from rebuilding the motor.

A 4 amp slow-blow fuse sounds advisable; 10 amps is a lot of juice and realistically those wires aren't that big.

jatonka

The intank pump originally called for a 2 amp slo blo fuse, the military has since changed to 4 amp slo blo. I have used 5 amp slo blo fuses but have found that if I need 5 amps, the pump is not OK and I ought to take it out and replace the motor or the whole thing. It is surely a weak link. Maybe it is time to contact the manufacturer and ask for a quantity price.

Stonewall

How does one go about having the motor in the pump replaced? When I pulled my non-functional pump it is a completely sealed unit put together with a factory crimp/weld. regardless, I need a new one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks