• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need a hand in Atlanta.

Mfarms

I got a m923a2 on the auction and am fairly sure it's ready to go but I'm in Texas and am going to fly in to drive her home 800+ miles. I would like to have some one maybe drop by the truck center lot and tell me how good or bad it is and maybe give me a hand if all it needs is a little bit of tlc to go on a road trip. If you can help or know anyone that can please contact me.
MagersFarms@yahoo.com
or call or text
Nine72-977-three25eight
michael

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You should have posted sooner....I was there yesterday. They are pretty helpful over there. The guy that helped me jump off the M1070 I loaded out and his buddy that ran the forklift went the extra mile to get us out of there. I don't go to Atlanta without a good reason. You might PM Zout....he is a lot closer than I am.

Speedzilla

I will be out there Monday, shoot me a PM with the lot/sale number and I can try to take a look. I will be very short on time, but I will see what I can do.

flibob

Ditto on the packed like sardines. I picked up a 796 trailer last week that was buried. But Jimmy the forklift driver knew where it was and helped hook it up. In and out in about 20 minutes.

cmcdonald

Let me know the lot # from the one you bought. I was down there before the auction and made some heavy notes on the 'nicer' ones. I can run through them and let you know if it was one I scored.

racing4funn

I have to go and get my M931A2 this next Friday 7/19/13
Yours must have been in the same run group as mine. That very next Monday is the 10th day that we have to get them out of there and they are not open on the weekend.
If you are planning your tip on that day maybe we can support one another if there are any surprises.

Mfarms

Hey! Thank y'all for all the help looks like some folks are going to look at it on Monday for me! And I am not sure if I'm coming out Friday or Monday to get the truck yet but ill let you know when I figure it out. I'm not sure if our paths will be same on the way home but having a running buddy would be good! Oh and if anyone has any info on crew cabbing I would love to know I am planning on crew cabbing and bobbing and then going over the top on the rest of the truck like 4link and air bags! Thanks again

michael

racing4funn

oh no we will not be heading the same way.. Im heading north on 75.
I was just thinking that we might both be there seeing our junk for the first time and may need help getting them going.

Last edited:

joeykunz

I have to go and get my M931A2 this next Friday 7/19/13
Yours must have been in the same run group as mine. That very next Monday is the 10th day that we have to get them out of there and they are not open on the weekend.
If you are planning your tip on that day maybe we can support one another if there are any surprises.
Ill be there this Friday as well, driving it back to Jacksonville.

Speedzilla

I'll be back there to preview some more trucks. I bought three trucks, one had a bag engine & no tranny fluid, one has a bad tranny, and the other has a bad IP or lift pump. Bad luck!

racing4funn

yea looks like Im going to be there Friday trying to make mine run. They reported back to me that the starter just clicks. Im trying to come up with a starter before friday.

Im going to be there in a 3/4 ton 2012 white Dodge Ram with a black Tommy lift gate on the back. Im taking my whole tool box so if you need anything or not say hi and if you need a tool maybe I will have something..

I should be there from 10:30am til whatever it takes to get it running or know Im out of luck

Last edited:

Mfarms

Oh I am looking for a spare or doner cab for a m923a2 it needs to be in clean shape. I don't need any of the insides but the doors and windows need to be excellent any where between Atlanta and Texas I will pick it up. Please let me know and ask your friends too! I'm crew cabbing this buggy in Texas.

CGarbee

I'm flying in on Monday and driving it home. Thanks for all the help.
I'll be arriving at the airport about an hour ahead of you (if the airlines actually get us there on time...)... Hopefully, neither of us has to do much to get our rigs out the gate... :)

racing4funn

I drove mine home today. The starter solenoid had a dead short. Removed the hot wire and jumped it to the start and bag it cranked. Taped off the hot wire and drove home.
20130719_162650_resized.jpg20130719_162730_resized.jpg20130719_162713_resized.jpg

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just curious, any of you guys that are planning to drive the trucks home HAVE insurance on them, since they are a UNKNOWN truck that has been sitting for quite a bit

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks