• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need A little help

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
I aquired this gen set from GL about two months ago. Got it to run a little while and it quit, It hasn`t run sense. lines have been changed. I have purged it. I have bleed the pump and injecter.I would like to be able to put the fuel tank in it that suposed th be on it and change the filter and maybe the pump and injecter. Does anyone of the more than 10,000 brilliant folks have any fresh ideas? Also a place to get parts? WRD I - 270 , 3KW

Attachments

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
wish i could help but i havnt had any experience with those .. wondering if it is something to do with the location of your fuel supply.. is is gravity feed or pumped... are you usuing a vented system that would allow for free fuel flow... just thinking out load TIm

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Tim its supose to have a fuel tank. They took it off to de-mil it i`m guessing. I will add one if i could find a place to get parts.
Neil

Isaac-1

Are you getting fuel return flow while cranking, if not you have something blocked somewhere in the fuel system (check all 90 degree elbow fittings for gunk). I also second the bit about it looking like it is designed for a gravity fed fuel tank, most diesel injector pumps have very little suction ability and will also need a lift pump if the fuel tank is below the injector pump level. Since you did hear it run chances are the injector pump and injector are working to some degree, assuming it ran for more than a few seconds. It is also possible to start balky diesel engines that may still have some air in the fuel lines with gasoline fumes (do this at your own risk) by placing a shop towel soaked with a small amount of gasoline over the air intake (note there is a risk of fire/explosion if it uses grid heaters or glow plugs so if you do it use very little gasoline, maybe a teaspoon full). This usually provides enough fuel for 5-10 seconds of run time, enough for the fuel system to clear itself, or certainly enough to see if your getting good return fuel flow.

Ike

Ike

GoHot229

Hay Neil...hope all's well your way, mabe we can plan another event, and then you can use this unit for electrical generation next time. as for fix'in it, likely the rizroid is smafi'n the smiddel, you know they had that happen alot over in Nam, in foo Duck and Mai Tai and Wang Chung, you know ....all those places. yep.... why I even........and.......but...........then.................... ....... ... .. .

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
GoHot I leaning toward The fuel tank. I will check for trash agian and clean out the lines. I would love to find a place to find parts ,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks