• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need a M35 picked up and moved in Marianna FL

rubicondsrv

I Just won an auction for an 1976 M35 in non running condition. The truck has no roof or bumper but from the one photo appears to be intact otherwise. I need someone to go on site and tow/trailer the truck to my home in lake county as I do not feel safe attempting to get it running and driving a truck for 300+ miles with unknown mechanical condition and no roof.

The truck must leave the site by the 1st of august.

jrobinson5093

I live a few miles away and have some where to park the truck. If you cant find any one to move it in time I can probably get it to my house and hold it till you can especially if it is running.

jrobinson5093

I am around 40 miles away, if you cant find any one to haul it I probably can go get it and hold it at my house. If it runs that would be great because I have no way to tow or haul it.

rubicondsrv

Apparently I have until the 16th to get it picked up. the 10th was based on the auction instructions, but now that I have paid the receipt says to move it by august 16th.

It is being held by florida forest service and can only be picked up during the week between 8:30 and 4:30.

I also put out a request on Uship, but would prefer someone familiar with the m35 to remove it because I have been told there may be loose parts with it, and I want to be sure nothing is accidentally left that is part of the truck.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You had better call the location and verify the drop dead date. Do not trust the paperwork

rubicondsrv

According to the person I spoke to at Fl forest service it is not going anywhere until I pick it up, but the person who handles vehicle sales is on vacation until Monday, so I do not completely trust the information I was given. I do know that they will not have the paperwork to me until Monday, so realisticaly tuesday is the soonest I can get the papers to someone to pick it up.

The same person also told me the truck's brakes are seized from sitting unmoved for too long, but they will allow whoever I hire to move the truck to do any mechanical work needed to load the truck on site. I will be willing to pay extra for any additional work needed to move the truck such as pulling wheels to free brakes.

The Uship listing is here : http://www.uship.com/shipment/M35-Truck/227711996/?rt=1&i=3&p=50

rubicondsrv

The truck will be shipped on friday thanks for the help. I guess once I get it in sight I should start a thread on the restoration, not sure exactly what sort of project I bought, but it promises to be interesting.