• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need a mechanic (heavy, diesel) in VA

oldguy

Please help me find a good, honest mechanic in east-central Virginia (Richmond vicinity) who can help me with a dead 5 ton. I am a new member and am not sure this is the best way to seek help - if there is a better way (such as sending a message to all the members in VA) please coach me. Thanks!

Last edited:

oldguy

Thanks, Jay. I am looking at a 5 ton on GL and the posting says it will not start. I am in Missouri and have pretty extensive with light gasoline engines (cars and pickups) but don't know much about diesels. The "site manager" for GL says he does not have any idea what is wrong with the unit and is unwilling to do even the simplest tests (like trying a jump start or a drag start). Sooo, I'm thinking if I could find someone local who does work on diesels and who might be able to go over and check out the unit before I bid it would really help me to decide about bidding. Of course, I would pay for the help. And, it would be best if the mechanic had a shop nearby so we could tow the unit there for any work needed to get it ready for the trip "home" to MO if I win the auction. I am at wayne@WonderPatch.com if you would like to reach me more directly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks