• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need a new oil pan, any suggestions?

Ilikemtb999

I've tried searching but it would seem either its not a typical topic or the search isn't functioning as it should.

I'm in need of a new oil pan. I have an arctic kit pan currently thats seem better days. It's leaking from the reinforcement plate where the dip stick feeds into it as well as showing some signs of deep rust. I've found two pans. A dorman and a Spectre. The spectre makes mention of needing a later year 6.2 dip stick and tube. The dorman doesnt. Does anybody have experience with either? I saw two amazon reviews for the spectre not fitting well which makes me lean towards the dorman.

The dorman part number is 264-149[h=1][/h]

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I think we have a couple of NOS GM pans but I can't remember if they're for HMMWV or CUCV. They're not the same, right?

Skinny

Wouldn't hurt to grab the OEM number and search to see what NOS availability is. You run that .01% chance your local GM dealer having one on the shelf somewhere.

MasterSweeper

I bought the Spectra oil pan from Auto Zone, it was $99.99 and fit good. My dip stick tube fit fine also, just put some RTV around the tube and stick it in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks