• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need a part number or source for injector removal tool - mep802/803

zarathustra

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After one blood blister, two gouged knuckles, a lot of swearing, more swearing, and one broken fuel injector I've decided there has got to be a tool to remove these pests.

Depending on how one would do this it could be a 12mm, 16 mm, or 9/16 size, but none of those sizes work very well. I think that a 15.5mm socket wrench with a small slit sliced into it would work nicely...

Anyone have a tool part number or source for an injector removal tool for those standyne injectors. I've seen the slide hammer version, but these injectors are so stuck in place that they need a lot of work before a slide hammer would be effective.

thanks

Last edited:

rustystud

If I run into injectors that stuck, I use a good loosening spray like PB Blaster and let it soak for a day. Then if it still will not come out, I will reinstall the mounting bolts loosely. Then crank the engine over. Usually the compression will blow it loose. Don't do this with the fuel lines attached ! Of course if it still is stuck, reattached the fuel lines ! LOL !!!

zarathustra

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I went out and bought a 12 point 16mm socket. With a little persuasion it will fit on an injector, but I have two different style injectors to deal with. One type from an 803a has the fuel return port that extends at a right angle about 5/16 inch and then vertical -- that's easy - the 16mm wrench fits on that OK.

The other style has the fuel return port coming at ~45 degree angle from the injector, and interferes with the socket. So I took a Dremel tool and cut a ~1/4 inch wide slot up about 3/8 of an inch. That fits on the second style injector.

Now, I haven't tried using this tool on either injector yet, but it looks very promising -- I'll be removing some injectors in the next week or so and we'll see how this works.

If one tries to put an open end wrench on the injector it takes a 12mm wrench. The reason for the difference between the two wrenches is that the 16mm has to deal with the fact that the top of the injector is not cut on all sides like a normal nut, but only on two opposite sides, and the 16mm socket has to fit around the 'rounded' part of the injector as well as the "cut' part.

note that I don't think this would work with a 6 point socket; it needs to be a multiple of four, hence a 12 point socket

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks