• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need a plan in Ohio (Westy)

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That little trailer at Special Ed's place is going to be at Kips place on the 1st or the 2nd. I wanted to get it over there this weekend, but it ain't gonna happen. My schedule doesn't allow enough free time to make the run until my next days off.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I wasn't worried about having it for the trip since I knew Gimpy had one we can use.

Gimp if you are coming up this way bring the cable and put in the barn please.

:)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's the deck height of the M871?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The plans have changed again. It looks like Sand Flea will be coming into Cincy and riding down with us in civy vehicles. But wait ten minutes and that may change as well.

:)

3dAngus

I've been totally confused by all this from the beginning. Seems like lots of equipment has to be in a few different places all at the same time and the user is going to either fly in to Ohio or Ga.
So, if he flys in Ga. what does he do then? Drive it all the way back? Would it not be easier to leave it up North for now? You guys are blessed with patience and are good friends for sure.

Wouldn't it be easier to just fly in to Atlanta, pick up a rental car for $220 per week, unlimited mileage, ride to the Ga. Rally, sleep in a tent, and ride to Ohio with friends. Overall, it would be a helluva lot easier and cheaper then paying all the fuel cost to drive it back.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sand flea eh? Wonder what the big issue was with keeping it a secret who was looking to get picked up at ATL?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Sand flea eh? Wonder what the big issue was with keeping it a secret who was looking to get picked up at ATL?

I figured no one would volunteer if they knew it was stuck lugs.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Black Ops, Sand Flea is his code name.:deadhorse:

Next week, it's Colonel Flag.

Last edited:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I said I would pick him up in Atl, don't know what to do now? should I stay on standby? or just forget about it?

Even I could get the lugnuts off my wrecker that sat near the ocean for 10 years! :tinkerbell: