• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need a Radiator BAD!!!

Mass Ownage

Hey guys. Just joined Steel Soldiers, and I must say this site is AMAZING!
I just drove my Deuce to a car show and found out my radiator has a serious leak. It looks considerably old. As I more less use my Deuce as a daily driver I need a radiator fairly quickly and at an affordable price. Any help or suggestions would be awesome.

Thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe WreckerMan has one from a parts truck?

Mass Ownage

Its in pretty bad shape, looks like radiator stop leak and jb weld were holding it together. I don't know that I would even want to try and repair it.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
a "big truck" radiator shop will cost more. If it's physically not too bad, just find a shop where old guys work. They'll know what to do. The repair might cost $200, but they will find and fix everything. A used one can cost $400+ and shipping, has to go by freight. New ones, I don't even look at the prices.

bryan70546

sounds like your best bet is the texas one , are you could try to get it re-paired locally . Nice to see another deuce owner thats local we have at lest 5 local guys now.
bryan

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys are going to laugh, but black pepper is the best stop leak.

For years as a last resort fix, it has worked well for me. :roll:

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I heard Kim's Radiator in Sulphur may be able to repair it. Gonna pull it and run it by there this week.
Kims radiator in Sulphur is the best around here. We use them for all the industrial stuff we have and I have brought them marine heat exchangers as well. When I show up, they always come out as they never know what i'll bring. If they cant fix it, its not repairable. Good Luck!

If you look in the tele book, youll also find one in LC, just remember to bring your own saw to cut off the required appendage(s) when paying...

Last edited:

bryan70546

Hey Mass if your looking for a set of troopseats for your deuce let me know I have a set here in lake charles they need to go to a good home .:-D full set with the headache rack