• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need a seat recommendation

stutzcattle

My deuce has two suspension seats rather than the standard bench seat. I need to add a jump seat or something to the middle to accomodate a third person. I've got two small boys and you can imagine the dilemma we have when one of them gets to have the seat and the other doesn't. Sharing is obviously not an option for them.

I'd love to see any ideas anyone has. Thanks.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Options as I see it. Replace the springer with a companion seat or narrow a companion seat to act as a jump seat. Don't forget to add a 3rd seat belt. There was just a thread a few weeks back where a member sectioned a companion seat.

steelandcanvas

I concur with Kenny, put the original companion seat back in and add another seat belt. The bolt holes are already there so there's no fabbing to do. Their little butts won't care care about the companion seat being so uncomfortable.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Too bad you are not closer. I' have more than one of the companion seats floating around in various states of disrepair.

wsucougarx

I would go back to a bench seat. I added a middle seat belt for my daughter so she can tag along with my son and I. Plus the bench seat affords the ability to put green radios under the seat along with other gear;-)

Crawdaddy

How did you add that seat belt? Just bought a spare and bolted onto the back off the cab. Did you have to drill?
I haven't yet installed it, but I got a long middle lap belt out of a van at the junkyard. I have a springer drivers seat, which has the seatbelt provisions on the seat. That freed up the original center seat belt bolt on the back of the cab, so I'll use that for one side. I'll then share the companion seat belt bolt for the middle and be done.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are 4 spots on the hat channel that supports the back of the cab. Each part of your seat belt is bolted here. If you have a springer, there are supposed to be little short belts from the seat to this support. I simply added a third military seatbelt and bolted it together with the left side right belt and right right side left belt. Factory bolts are long enough.

91W350

I have some of the original seats and a load of stuff headed to Nebraska. Let me know if that is what you need. It will be bouncing north on US81 one of these days. Glen

Last edited:

steelandcanvas

If you have a springer, there are supposed to be little short belts from the seat to this support...
The springer in my '71 had the short belts attached to the hat channel of the back wall, and the other end attached to a piece of internally threaded bar stock which is welded to the springer. The lap belt is also attached at that point. I would imagine this was done to keep the stuffin' from being squeezed out of you on a rough road, as the springer bounced up and down. My '86 Air Force Deuce does not have this short belt feature, just the lap belt attached to the hat channel.

Last edited:

Prankster

Caddy Kiddy Seat

I once had a 6-way adjustable Cadillac Eldorado seat in a Chevy Elcamino.
The back folded down which was extremely helpful, and it also had a fold down arm rest in the middle.
The vallure Cadillac seat is very comfortable, and it will outlast a leather one; however, the vinyl seat is better adapted to rain.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks