• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need a source for inner fender clips/fasteners for 1028

drewzee87t

Replacing inner fenders and a bunch of the clips are destroyed or missing. Anyone know where I can find them? Really an unpleasant job especially with swapping over the battery trays. Been grinding all the live long day :)

Any help appreciated I have spent over an hour searching and can't find em!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
LMC?

Please list a state in your location, as requested in the rules.

drewzee87t

need 8 clips and 5 of the 1/2" bolts......I think I found them on LMC I was kinda hoping there might be something local but I guess it's going to have to sit in a million pieces while I wait for shipping. Thanks to cucvrus for offering up.. .. -

Drock thanks I guess clips isn't the proper search term for u-nut or speed-nut :)

Hopefully o-really will have them local - might get this wrapped up tomorrow

Last edited:

drewzee87t

The clips and stuff were the easy part.. THanks though I did find them at local place relatively inexpensive. The LMC fenders require a lot of modifications and I am not super with fabricating skills. This one has required so many grindings and test fits and I am still messing with it. Hopefully it will be done around this weekend. I also did my heater core, which was why I was in there in the first place. That went according to plan :)

PS I need a radiator overflow tank, stock, if anyone knows where one can be located. Mine has a crack and leaks slowly out the bottom. Thanks

Last edited:

corvette9

We just bought that tank from Napa yesterday for my brothers 1008. . About 16.00. Have not installed it yet. Maybe today. If there is any major problems I'll report back.

drewzee87t

Thanks everyone for your help. Just wrapped up only thing left is I need to pick up the coolant overflow tank that I ordered tomorrow and a new air filter while I am at it. I stronly suggest getting a better source for inner fenders other than LMC. The passenger fender was a complete debacle and needed to be ground and trimmed in a zillion places and then persuaded with a 2*4 and sledghammer to make way for the battery trays. Came out okay in the end I guess but geez talk about some modificattions required....:)

Drock

Thanks everyone for your help. Just wrapped up only thing left is I need to pick up the coolant overflow tank that I ordered tomorrow and a new air filter while I am at it. I stronly suggest getting a better source for inner fenders other than LMC. The passenger fender was a complete debacle and needed to be ground and trimmed in a zillion places and then persuaded with a 2*4 and sledghammer to make way for the battery trays. Came out okay in the end I guess but geez talk about some modificattions required....:)
I wish I could remember where I got mine? It was the easiest body panel I've ever installed on a vehicle! It literally fit perfectly with NO modification. I'll see if I can find a receipt.

cucvrus

They all are about the same. The best advise I can give you is to start all the bolts and use an alignment tool to assist in getting them started. I have been using a 5/16" torx headed bolt. It is a bit longer and helps in getting the bolt aligned with the j nut. These are also self tapping like the original. Once I have them all tight. I can choose to take them out one at a time and replace them with stock bolts or most times NOT. I just leave them in. Have a Great day.