• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need a starter bad for a 54 XM211

crewchief

First off i have to say this is a great site and im glad i found it. We just had a 54 XM211 given to us with a snow plow on it and the only problem the truck has is that the starter is missing. We have to get it off of the property asap so nothing happens to it. Truck is in good shape just needs some paint. I will buy a used or even a starter that needs rebuilt just so i can get it going. If you have any info on where i can purchase one that will be great also. Thanks again for the help. Garrett

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Isn't that a standard gm motor? Shouldn't napa or the like have one available? Have you searched this site for a cross #?

crewchief

Isn't that a standard gm motor? Shouldn't napa or the like have one available? Have you searched this site for a cross #?
The starter we found from them that said would fit didnt due to the interference from the front axle link and the starter selonid. Thanks for the info i will give them a call asap. I will also get a pic up of this beauty!

crewchief

Thanks i will keep that in mind. I just found one from a 85 year old guy who comes into my shop all the time. He was in the army and some how ended up with a box of new ones! He gave me one and said get it running. He also has a couple of distributors and some other odd parts. Great find!

crewchief

Here is the pic i promised! I think its a awesome looking truck. I kind like how it looks sitting in the grass waiting to get back to work. It was a old mine truck thats what it says on the door (bunker hill mine). Cant wait to get back up to work on it.

Attachments