• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need a stock model 80 fuel filter

84cucv1ton

Need to replace the model 80 filter

A cheap one is good. just want it to run so i can sell it. if you have a part # that would be great thanks

84cucv1ton

RE: Need to replace the model 80 filter

anyone have one i could buy? the cucv one are not like the civy ones. just found that out

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am not really sure what filter you are asking about. Maybe you could give some more detail.

84cucv1ton

OK up on the firewall on the left between the rear battery and air cleaner is the model 80 fuel filter. silver looking little box. hope that helps

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Yup that is a standard fuel filter that NAPA carries. Should be filter FIL3136. It worked just fine on my M1009.

http://www.napaonline.com/masterpages/NOLMaster.aspx?PageId=470&LineCode=FIL&PartNumber=3136&Description=Fuel+Filter+(Gold)

84cucv1ton

sorry guys, not telling you guys about this to well. i need to replace the whole filter and base. mine is shot. need something cheap. any ideas? thanks

Armada

Contact Brian at BRTrucks. I've gotten used ones from him before. Also Memphis Equip. has complete NOS units for just over $100, filter included. As far as the fuel filter itself, the civy is the same as the military version. However, the filter block is slightly different and cannot be exchanged with the civy unless you change the CUCV's harness connectors or the civy filter block connectors.

bottleworks

BKinzey

Look on eBay, they show up there quite often.

I've had both and I didn't hold the two side by side to compare but they sure looked the same to me?????

You can also look for the round can of beans type as they are interchangeable. Of course I haven't seen a difference between the civy & mil box type :wink:

acetomatoco

I guess because none of us ever heard of it..as a Model 80. What do you need a filter for? If it is a Cucv... you ask the nice folks at NAPA for one for a 6.2 Diesel K30 Pickup of 1985 vintage..for the element that is... if you need the base etc you have to ask one of the fine dealers here like Frontline...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The filter base on the CUCV is made by Stanadyne and is a model 80. He's looking for the CUCV filter base.