• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need a TM number

joeypushjr1

can anyone fill me in on what Tm number i need for the electrical lay out for the 1009 alt./ batteries number 2 alternator fired other day i got new one and soon as i hook up the lower neg post it arcs bad and throws juice intto the alt. with out truck running. and when i dissconect + on front battery the surge stops so i need a TM number to see if i can figure out the lay out and try to see if i have something fouled up somewhere. ima lookinto see if i have a melted wire somewhere and its grounding out .. im just lost. i threw my meter on it and i have continuity in places i believe i shouldnt. im just stumped. so any help will be great anyone with a number. i cant seen to find it here on the site. those maunals are hard to scroll threw espically if you dont use them all the time. thanx..

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Crash_AF

The first thing you should check is to make sure that the replacement alternator is actually one with an isolated ground. Take a multimeter and check for continuity between the ground stud and the alternator case. If there is continuity there, you have a non-isolated ground alternator that will not work with the CUCV's 24v system.

Later,
Joe