• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need a trailer to haul a jeep.

k5ontherocks

Looking for something for quick weekend offroad trips where i just want to take the jeep and nothing else.really dont wanna break out the 35 footer for
just hauling my trail toy jeep cherokee. Id need a bed about 12' long, 6-7' wide. Ive tried searching,but im sure theres lots of styles i havent found yet. The cherokee is just a tad too long for my M105 trailer. Wondering if theres another bed style or flatbed trailer i could get?
Any suggestions?
thanks for any help.
Andy

61sleepercab

I have not seen any Army trailer that looks like a good platform to modify for a Jeep hauler. Most bed heights are pretty high to start with and 20" rims are high to build over with a bed.

I have seen set ups with locking hubs on both axles for flat towing, or a towing dolly for the front axle and the back axle on the ground.

If you are building a trailer use dual axles with the trailer tires just outside of the tread width of the jeep and have the trailer tongue pivot so the deck would reach the ground when released and then return to up position when jeep is pulled forward on the trailer. I would leave the space between the tread paths open to save weight and use expanded metal for the paths. Good luck Mark